Re: st: Incomplete Beta Function

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Incomplete Beta Function
Date   Mon, 18 Feb 2013 14:13:28 +0000

Sorry about that. Starting from the model:
I have a discontinuity  distribution of my dependent variable y  that
are scores. I have  several thresholds, where I cannot observe the
real value of y, so is latent.
To illustrate, consider a simple case where there is only one
threshold at 50. Let y and y∗ be the
observed and latent scores, respectively. If y∗ ≥ 50 then y = y∗
always. If y∗ < 50, we observe y = 50
with a probability F (y∗/50), approaching 1 as y∗ → 50 from below, and
we observe y = y∗ with a
probability 1 − F (y∗/50). Thus,
y =y∗ if y∗ < 50 and d = 0
y=50 if y∗ < 50 and d = 1
y=y∗ if y∗ ≥ 50
where the rounding indicator d is drawn conditionally on y∗ < 50 as
d = 1[u ≤ F (y∗/50)]
and u is a (0, 1) uniform error. Also d = 1(y∗ − ε ≥ 0) where ε = 50F −1 (u).
One way to proceed is to specify a normal regression equation for y∗
and a Beta cdf for F (.), so that
y∗ = xβ + σv
F (y∗/50) = Iy∗/50 (a, b)
where Ir (a, b) is the incomplete Beta function ratio with parameters a and b.

I want to implement this model in Stata, how i can do it. The
parameters (β, σ, a, b) can be estimated by maximum likelihood.
there is some code or i need to write my code?

Hope is more clear
Catia