Re: st: saving window layouts in Stata

From   Rebecca Pope <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: saving window layouts in Stata
Date   Sun, 17 Feb 2013 12:01:54 -0600

Jordan,
I don't think you can have Stata automatically open the data browser
with a preference set, but you can change what displays in terms of
the size & placement of the Results, Review, Variables, Properties,
and Command windows. If it is possible to "dock" the data browser in
the main window like you can with the aforementioned windows, I
haven't figured out how to do that. However, Stata will remember
window sizes, so you can place e.g. the data editor beside the main
window. The next time you open the data browser for that project, it
automatically appears where you want it & the same size you had it.

Once you have everything configured the way you want, go to
Preferences & choose "Save Preference Set". Next time you open Stata,
you can just choose the appropriate project-specific preferences.

You might want to look at the Getting Started Manual.

Rebecca