Re: st: very silly question on $

From   daniel klein <>
Subject   Re: st: very silly question on $
Date   Sun, 17 Feb 2013 10:36:34 +0100

this was discuxsed recently, where the problem was the other was roud
here :

Use a backslah as an escape character as in

di "this \$A that"

Dear Listers,

      Suppose I do not define a global like A, thus if I run the
following command
      disp "this $A that"
      I will get the following output:
      . disp "this $A that"
       this  that

But what if I really want stata to display “this $A that”. How Can I
define the display code?