st: test of coefficients of the same regression equation

From   Nahla Betelmal <nahlaib@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: test of coefficients of the same regression equation
Date   Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:29:15 +0000

Dear Statalist,

I am trying to test the equality of coefficients b1 and b3 of the same
regression equation

reg Y NSP Q Times_2

est store alltwo

suest alltwo

test [alltwo_mean]NSP = [alltwo_mean]times_2

I got the error message : equation [alltwo_mean] not found
r(303);

All goes well till the test part. However, I had no problem using the
same steps when I wanted to test the coefficients equality  between
two different regression. equations.

It would be great if you let me know what I am doing wrong and the
right way to test the coefficents of the same regression equation.

Many thanks

Nahla