Re: st: Error r(601) when running do file on using mac ox (lion)

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Error r(601) when running do file on using mac ox (lion)
Date   Fri, 15 Feb 2013 06:23:36 +0000

Thanks Ronan your solution worked out for me
Sent from my BlackBerry®

-----Original Message-----
From: Ronan Conroy <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 12:48:04
To: <[email protected]><[email protected]>

You may need to change the file paths to match your Mac's setup. A more typical path on OS X looks like this

/Users/ronanconroy/Documents/Consult files/Jacent Asiimwe/New attendance data

Note that there's no double-slashes.

Try using shift-command-J to change to the correct folder and seeing what the file path looks like when Stata echos the command.

On 2013 Feabh 13, at 19:51, Miriam W. Oiro Omolo wrote:

> Dear Statlist
>
> I have recently changed from running stata 11.2 on windows to MacBook Pro .
>
> When running a do file I get the following error message:
>
> file Users//Documents/My_Documents//CENSUS//Outdata/POP_REC_W.dta not found
> r(601);
>
> error . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Return code 601
>        file __________ not found;
>        The filename you specified cannot be found.  Perhaps you mistyped
>        the name, or it may be on another diskette or directory.  If you
>        are a Macintosh user, perhaps you had an unintentional blank at the
>        beginning or ending of your filename when it was created. In Finder,
>        click on the file to blacken the name.  If you see anything other
>        than a thin, even space on each side of the name, rename the file
>        to eliminate the leading and trailing space characters.
>
> I have gone through the help file and tried renaming my files without success. I have not seen any solutions provided in the statlist  archives on how to overcome this problem.
>
> Can someone assist?
> Thanks
> Miriam

Ronán Conroy