Re: st: dropping the lowest three observations

From   Scott Merryman <scott.merryman@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: dropping the lowest three observations
Date   Thu, 14 Feb 2013 12:57:36 -0600

I might be easiest to reshape long and then back to wide:

clear
input str1 student q1 q2 q3 q4 q5 q6 q7 q8 q9 q10
"A" 9 8 3 0 10 10 0 8 9 9
"B" 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
"C"  9 7 5 10 2 4 5 0 0 2
end