Re: st: dropping the lowest three observations

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: dropping the lowest three observations
Date   Thu, 14 Feb 2013 18:56:44 +0000

See

SJ-9-1  pr0046  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Speaking Stata: Rowwise
        (help rowsort, rowranks if installed) . . . . . . . . . . .  N. J. Cox
        Q1/09   SJ 9(1):137--157
        shows how to exploit functions, egen functions, and Mata
        for working rowwise; rowsort and rowranks are introduced

It sounds like -rowsort- followed by -egen, rowmean()-.

http://www.stata-journal.com/sjpdf.html?articlenum=pr0046

Alternatively, -reshape- and apply -by:-.

Nick