st: Fwd: How to configure kate or gedit as stata editor in linux

From   G P <gperen@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Fwd: How to configure kate or gedit as stata editor in linux
Date   Thu, 14 Feb 2013 12:36:01 -0600

Hi everybody, I'm considering migrate to Linux platform and I want to
configure kate or gedit as Stata editor for my do files. Now I'm working in
Windows with Textpad as editor.

How to configure those editors for Stata? I mean, how can I send do commands
to Stata?

I'm a really new Linux user so please explain step by step.

Thanks