Re: st: Using outreg2 within a loop

From   John Luke Gallup <>
Subject   Re: st: Using outreg2 within a loop
Date   Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:56:44 -0800

There is probablly a way to do this in -outreg2-, but I am not familiar with its details.

If it is useful, though, you can do what you are looking for with -outreg-, also an SSC user-written command:

outreg, clear
forvalues i = 1(1)5 {
	xttobit dep_var `controls' if period == `i', ll(0)
	outreg using "C\file.doc", bdec(2) squarebrack keep(var1 var2) ///
		summstat(r2_a) summtitle(Adj. R-squared) merge

The -keep- option strips off the sigma statistics (and the constant).  Note that there doesn't seem to be an e(r2_a) statistic saved by -xttobit-, however.  The outreg -merge- option can be used in the first iteration of a loop even if there is nothing to merge to, but it requires the -outreg, clear- command preceding the loop to prevent the endless accumulation of new columns of results when you rerun the .do file.