Re: st: GLLAMM for an ecological dataset with issues

From   "JVerkuilen (Gmail)" <>
Subject   Re: st: GLLAMM for an ecological dataset with issues
Date   Wed, 13 Feb 2013 00:37:06 -0500

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Benita Kaytor <> wrote:
> Thank you Joerg,
> Good advice! I will run a simpler model, and I think specifying the family and link is more important than complicating it with random effects, at least for now.

If it's something you would log-transform the DV, you might consider
the following trick:

It works really well.

Then you could specify your ultimate model in xtmepoisson, which is
undoubtedly faster than gllamm. gllamm is kind of like trying to do
fine carving with a pocketknife. It can do a lot of things but it's
very generality makes it not so optimized for any one task.