Re: st: How to combine clad with clusters and weights?

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to combine clad with clusters and weights?
Date   Tue, 12 Feb 2013 12:24:13 +0000

-clad- is from STB-58 (2000):

STB-58  sg153 . . . . . . . Censored least absolute deviations estimator: CLAD
        (help clad if installed)  D. Jolliffe, B. Krushelnytskyy, & A. Semykina
        11/00   pp.13--16; STB Reprints Vol 10, pp.240--244
        censored least absolute value deviations (CLAD) estimator
        with bootstrap estimates of its sampling variance (a
        generalization of qreg that is robust to heteroscedasticity)

Please remember that you are asked to state _where_ user-written
programs you refer to come from.

With -clad- as with almost every other program what the help says is
the full story. There is no support for any kind of weights, etc. If
it's not in the help it's not supported.

I can't provide more positive help. It's my impression that lots of
what is regarded as standard apparatus that is tied in a bundle with a
variance-covariance-least squares flavour does not carry over easily,
if at all, to anything based on a different norm, least absolute
deviations. Also, -clad- is -- as a program published in 2000 and not
updated (e.g.) to match Stata's -svy- support -- in effect a dead end.

If -qreg- or one of its relatives doesn't provide what you seek you
are faced with a difficult programming problem.

Indeed, is there literature talking about what you seek or are you
supposing that it should exist by analogy with other modelling
approaches?

Nick