Re: st: Problem with xtile-command from the egenmore package

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: Problem with xtile-command from the egenmore package
Date   Mon, 11 Feb 2013 23:01:53 +0000

This -xtile()- function (not command) in -egenmore- (SSC) was written
by Uli Kohler, now at Potsdam.

It is a wrapper for calling -_pctile- repeatedly.

It doesn't sound wrong that different -by()- calls with different
variables give different results.

Otherwise I guess that Uli will want to see either a reproducible
result or your dataset.