st: Truncated string observations from CSPro

From   "Donovan, Kathleen" <kdonovan@louisberger.com>
Subject   st: Truncated string observations from CSPro
Date   Mon, 11 Feb 2013 20:36:21 +0000

We are getting truncated string observations when we bring data field notes from a CSPro database. We are not sure which program is causing the problem either; CSPro or Stata.  Looking at the CSPro-created dictionary, I cannot tell what is determining string value length.  This is automatically created and I don't know how to systemically edit it to tell stata which string fields should be longer. Anyone else have this problem or know what causes truncated string values?

-Kathleen