st: Nonparametric Methods for Longitudinal Data

From   Thomas Herold <thomasherold@gmx.net>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Nonparametric Methods for Longitudinal Data
Date   Mon, 11 Feb 2013 12:16:31 +0000

Hello,

I am currently analysing a dataset on the influence of certain treatments on depression. We have three different treatment groups and five points of measurement.

The problem is that it has recently been discovered that the depression score we are working with can only be interpreted as ordinal data. What´s more, the resulting variable is far from being normally distributed - the data is just not suitable for parametric analysis.

Concerning the independent variables: Some of them change over time (e.g. financial situation), others are time-invariant (e.g. treatment).

Is there any nonparametric model for longitudinal data in STATA? Does anyone have any reading tips?

Thank you so much for your help,
Thomas