Re: st: STATA Pivot capability

From   "Airey, David C" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: STATA Pivot capability
Date   Sun, 10 Feb 2013 22:51:12 +0000

> I dont have a specific question.I happened to see my colleague working
> with pivot tables and I could not import them to stata.Hence the
> question.I dont have any research plans using data from pivot tables
> Thanks
> Mike

A pivot table is a table of summary data. In MS Excel it is quite good
for quick interactive summarization of data by grouping variables.

To get a particular table result into Stata, you can import as Excel
by giving the correct sheet and cell coordinates and it should work fine.

I did a little test on my versions of Excel (Mac 2011) and Stata (Mac 12.1)
and it worked fine.