Re: st: merging in data directly from ODBC sources

From   "Dimitriy V. Masterov" <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   Re: st: merging in data directly from ODBC sources
Date   Sun, 10 Feb 2013 10:42:44 -0800

You can do the join in SQL and then pull the data down with the -odbc
load, exec()- command. While somewhat quicker, this does not provide
the information on overlap that the merge command does.

If you have a pre-existing sql file that you don't want to paste into
your Stata do-file, you might like this: