st: estabb and rtfutil combination.

From   Amadou DIALLO <stata.diallo@gmail.com>
Subject   st: estabb and rtfutil combination.
Date   Sun, 10 Feb 2013 13:07:49 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying unsuccessfully to combine results produced by 2 different
commands (rtfopen/file and estabb) into a single rtf file. The problem
is that rtfutil is very good at handling text and graphs but I findit
difficult to produce nice tables with desired formatting and
characteristics attributes that I want them to have (which estabb does
very well). Is there a workaround? See sample code below
(esttabrtfopenexample produce blank page while esttabrtfopenexample2
displays tables). Thanks in advance.

clear
sysuse auto
tempname handle
rtfopen `handle' using "esttabrtfopenexample.rtf", replace
file write `handle' _n "{\line}"
file write `handle' _n "{\header\pard\sl360\slmult1\qr\plain\f0\chpgn
{\i 	\fs20 Auto data analysis} \par}"
eststo tabl: estpost ta rep for
esttab tabl using  "esttabrtfopenexample.rtf" , cell(colpct(fmt(2)))
label noobs varwidth(10) modelwidth(8) addnote("Source: Author")
append
esttab tabl using  "esttabrtfopenexample2.rtf" , cell(colpct(fmt(2)))
label noobs varwidth(10) modelwidth(8) addnote("Source: Author")
replace
rtfclose `handle'
exit

--