Re: st: Missing data question.

Subject   Re: st: Missing data question.
Date   Sat, 9 Feb 2013 09:09:09 -0500

On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 8:12 AM, Benjamin Hong <benjamin1459@gmail.com> wrote:

> I heard that there are some techinic called "imputation".
> Could you let me know how to employ this function in STATA?

You can consider the multiple imputation suite but I'll just throw out
the disclosure that learning MI is not a simple undertaking. I've done
probably a half dozen substantial missing data analyses and none of
them have ever gone smoothly. You need to know quite a bit of theory
and still make many judgment calls.

I would start by looking at the MI manual, which has some nice
discussion, and working the examples. Also download the -midiagplots-
diagnostic suite. There are some other "how to do" MI papers around,
too.

Jay