st: How to export tables generated by the MRTAB command into a text file?

From   Ben Zhang <rockclimber729@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: How to export tables generated by the MRTAB command into a text file?
Date   Thu, 7 Feb 2013 17:43:17 -0500

Fellow Stata users

I'm trying to export summary statistic tables from MRTAB into excel by
first exporting them into a text file. My data set is quite big and
there are way too many multiple response questions to export by hand.
OUTREG2 and TABOUT does not seem to do the trick, has anyone else
encountered this before?

Ben