Re: st: VECM: Deterministic Factors & Significance for ce1 in short-run parameters

From   Prakash Singh <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: VECM: Deterministic Factors & Significance for ce1 in short-run parameters
Date   Fri, 8 Feb 2013 00:25:35 +0530

Daniel
You are not wrong but if you read the literature little carefully
significant negative coefficient of ce is more authentic proof of
presence of cointegration.
error correction can only happen in presence of cointgration, going by
this argument significant negative coefficient of ce proves  presence
of cointegration. the size of ce coefficient*100 is percent of
correction happening in the next period (year, quarter or so) and the
percent of correction (coming to long run equilibrium position from
deviation) will for sure be in 0 to 100 bound and thus coefficient
will be between 0 to 1 and negative sign represents return towards
long run. Well, I would not suggest you to go for
2-Step-Eagle-Granger-Approach in multivariate case.

Prakash