Re: st: nl command - error#130 expression too long

From   Carlotta Schuster <>
Subject   Re: st: nl command - error#130 expression too long
Date   Thu, 7 Feb 2013 11:44:37 +0100

Dear Brian,

Thank you very much for your detailed answer, I made it work now using
the FEP version correctly.

I have another question regarding the nl command that maybe you could
help me with too. I am trying to fit a non-linear model which has a
discrete choice dependent variable, so I would like to run a probit. But
I cannot use the probit command since I have this other (apart from the
probit) non-linearity in the model. And the nl command it is not going
to give me predicted probabilities between 0 and 1 as I would have with
the probit. Is there any other command/package that can do this

Let me know if I should start a new thread for this question.