st: Exclusive outcomes

From   Alexander James <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Exclusive outcomes
Date   Wed, 6 Feb 2013 12:17:04 -0200

Dear Statalist members,

I have to model a categorical dependent variable that has 4 potential outcomes, but those outcomes are not mutually exclusive meaning that an observation may be connected to outcome 2 and 3 or 1 and 4. I thought about using a sequential logit but the possible outcomes do not necessarily follow a sequential pattern. Alternatively I also considered using several separate logit models, but I believe it is not the best alternative either. Would someone have a suggestion?