st: Legend with rows and columns in a line graph

From   Tomas Lind <tomas.lind@sll.se>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Legend with rows and columns in a line graph
Date   Mon, 4 Feb 2013 16:12:54 +0100

Hi all,

Legend in a twoway line graph

I´m making a line graph with 5 lines (5 variables).
I would like the legend to show the items with 3 rows
and 3 columns, see illustration below.
I´m trying desperately with -" " and holes(2) etcetera
but I can´t make it.

Does anyone know anything about this?

The --- is my illustration for the lines that Stata produces

--- Mean A
--- Mean B   --- B CI lower  --- B CI upper
--- Mean C

I´m running Stata SE 11.1 on Windows

/Tomas

Tomas Lind