Re: st: outreg: merging results from several regressions

From   "Peter Neumayr" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: outreg: merging results from several regressions
Date   Sun, 03 Feb 2013 20:41:10 +0100

Thanks John!

 First this didn't work for me, so I played around until I found out that installing -frmttable-
 (which includes a newer version of outreg?) solves my problems.
 Now everything is fine, the code you suggested does exactly what I want

 peter

  ----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
  Von: John Luke Gallup
  Gesendet: 02.02.13 23:11 Uhr
  An: [email protected]
  Betreff: Re: st: outreg: merging results from several regressions

Peter,

The following code should do what you want:

sysuse auto, clear
qui reg price length
outreg, keep(length) se noautosum ctitle("", (1)) rtitle("row1") nod
qui ivreg price (length=weight)
outreg, merge keep(length) se noautosum ctitle("", (2)) rtitle("row1")
qui reg price length rep78
outreg, clear(r2)
outreg, store(r2) keep(length) se noautosum rtitle("row2") nod
qui ivreg price (length=weight) rep78
outreg, merge(r2) keep(length) se noautosum rtitle("row2")
outreg, replay append(r2)

The difficulty is that the -merge- and -append- options always create a new column or a new row, respectively. There is no way to use them to fill in the (2,2) cell unless you create two tables separately and join them together. The table above holding the first row is unnamed, and the -outreg, replay- command appends the table named "r2" with the second row.

Alternatively, you could have created a table for each column (using the -append- option) and used -outreg, replay- to merge them together.

John

*