st: constrained tobit regression?

From   Matthias Greiff <Matthias.Greiff@wirtschaft.uni-giessen.de>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: constrained tobit regression?
Date   Fri, 1 Feb 2013 13:52:26 +0100

Dear all,

I'm trying to run a tobit regression with a constraint. The ususal way to run a tobit regression is:

tobit var1 var 2 var 3 var4..., ll(0)

Is there a way to run a tobit regression with a constraint? In particular, I intend to incorporate a linear constraint that requires that some of the coefficients sum up to zero, e.g.,

constraint 1 var2 + var3 = 0

The command

tobit var1 var 2 var 3 var4..., ll(0), constraint(1)

does not work.

Best

Matthias