Re: st: prob>chi2 in probit results

From   David Hoaglin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: prob>chi2 in probit results
Date   Wed, 30 Jan 2013 20:18:28 -0500

Hi, Nola.

Another way to interpret the result of that likelihood-ratio test is
that those 8 predictors, working together, do not account for more of
the variation in pgood than one would expect by chance.

I am not sure why Maarten would consider a model with fewer of those
predictors.  Such a model would not account for any more of the
variation in pgood than all 8 of them.  Perhaps that is not what
Maarten meant.

You have not said enough about the nature of the predictors for me to
guess whether it would help to express any of them differently.

David Hoaglin