Re: st: Fwd: Constructing Household IDs

From   Andrea Smurra <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Fwd: Constructing Household IDs
Date   Wed, 30 Jan 2013 15:07:30 +0630

Thanks to all,

Nigussie, your method is definitely the most creative as it does not require anything more than gen and some algebra, thanks for your support.
I ended up following Chamara method using the following command

gen str3 z=string(x, "%003,0f")

and then

gen hhid=state+district +...

Problem solved,