Re: st: Writing to large Excel files

From   David Epstein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Writing to large Excel files
Date   Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:17:44 -0500

Right, and my datasets are nowhere near that big anyway: ~1500 rows
and ~100 columns each.

As I understand it, Stata reads the entire Excel workbook into its
memory before changing it, even if I'm only changing data in one
column of one sheet. Perhaps that's where the overload is coming from,
although, again, the entire workbook is only about 60Mb big.