Re: st: RE: Writing to large Excel files

From   David Epstein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Writing to large Excel files
Date   Tue, 29 Jan 2013 14:56:31 -0500

Thanks David R.,

I agree on the Stata 12 memory management, which is set to . by
default now. I just didn't know what else to try.

And I know I can outsheet, the data, but the point is that I already
have an Excel file set up, with lots of conditional formatting, tables
that make use of the data I'm downloading, etc. That's why I was so
excited by the new sheet(), cell() and sheetmodify options in export
excel, so that I could just plunk down the data into the existing
sheet. I may in the end have to export the data first, say into its
own Excel sheet, and then do an Excel-to-Excel importation of the
data, but that would be so wasteful....

David E.