Re: st: Random permutation test for rank-dependence

From   Tobias Morville <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Random permutation test for rank-dependence
Date   Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:35:35 +0100

Hi again, and thanks for the swift reply.

I've checked the help <progname> postestimation with rigor, but often
find myself more confused, or further from what i want to do.

Coeffcients would be different over subjects, because they are indeed
random, And i am also looking at interaction effects.

I have to admit that i don't really get your "change and further
controll variables to 0", and i since i can't argue for fixed effects,
why would i want to use a mixed-model? Further, when looking at the
options for -predict-, i dont see anything similair or remotely close
to -reffects-? (I've googled it too)

Mabye some lignt background information is in order.

My model is a binary choice model of continue (=0), or stop (=1)
(which is the stop_dummy). I am researching data on a gambling task,
where people see a dice, and what they've earned so far (which is
seqEarn). This die (which i will refer to as Outcome) is randomly
distributed (i.e. 1/6 prob. of each outcome), but comes up significant
when i do -xtprobit stop_dummy seqEarn Outcome, re-.

When i do this on individual level, Outcome comes out significant with
different slopes - both in magnitude and in sign - over different
subjects. But because my model is non-linear, I need some measure of
the ordinality of the effect of the die - i.e. i need the parameter
estimates of Outcome, over all subjects, by each round.

When i have this, i hope to do a permutation of Outcome, and then
compare the results from that permutation to my actual model. In that
way, hopefully, ill be able to say something about the ordinality of
the effect of Outcome. Both with-in Subjects, and across Subjects..

Hope this helps in seeing what i want to do.

The ultimate goal of this, is to use the parameter estimates (aka
coefficients), as a weight in fMRI analysis.

best,
Tobias