st: RE: RE: RE: FW: clustering in ivreg2

Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: FW: clustering in ivreg2
Date   Mon, 28 Jan 2013 17:54:35 -0000

Sterling,

That's not going to work.  (And clustering in the first stage is irrelevant since it affects only the SEs and not the fitted values.)  Jeff Wooldridge's "Econometric Analysis of Cross-Section and Panel Data" has a good discussion of an alternative procedure that has been discussed on Statalist before.  Have a look at, e.g.,

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2004-09/msg00339.html
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2007-04/msg00415.html
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2008-01/msg00458.html

--Mark