Re: st: How to save results as .dat file

From   "Cai,Zhuangyu" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: How to save results as .dat file
Date   Thu, 24 Jan 2013 14:46:09 -0500

On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 00:02:51 -0500, Joerg Luedicke wrote:
As all -ereturn- programs, GLLAMM stores a number of estimation
results in e(). Type -ereturn list- after running GLLAMM to see what's
there. For example, coefficients are stored in e(b), variances and
covariances can be obtained from e(V). What you then could do is to
store the desired results in a matrix from which you can create a
Stata dataset which then can be saved in the desired format. Consider
the following example where we create an empty matrix first, with 10
rows and 3 columns (and label the columns). We then run GLLAMM 10
times and each time around we put the results into one row of the
matrix:

*--------------------------------------
clear
use http://www.stata-press.com/data/r11/childweight.dta

mat myest = J(10,3,.)
mat colnames myest = model b_age se_age

forval i = 1/10 {

	qui gllamm weight age girl, i(id)

	mat b = e(b)
	mat v = e(V)

	mat myest[`i',1] = `i'
	mat myest[`i',2] = b[1,1]
	mat myest[`i',3] = sqrt(v[1,1])

	qui replace age = age / `i'
}

You can look at the matrix by typing (see -help matrix-):

mat list myest

Finally, you can create a dataset with

svmat myest, names(col)

using the column names from the matrix as variable names (see -help
svmat-), after which you can save the dataset.

Joerg