st: Bug in yscale(range()) option?

From   Jan Paul Heisig <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Bug in yscale(range()) option?
Date   Tue, 22 Jan 2013 17:45:57 +0100

Hi all,

I am trying to construct twoway graphs using the "yscale(range())"
option to extend the range covered by the y-axis (both at the lower and
upper ends). My outcome variable only takes negative values and it seems that range() works as it is supposed to at the lower, but not at the upper end, at least as long as the upper end takes a negative value.

The following example illustrates the problem (in particular the second
graph):

version 12.1

sysuse auto, clear

scatter turn foreign, yscale(range(10 80))

gen minturn=-turn
scatter minturn foreign, yscale(range(-80 -10))

scatter minturn foreign, yscale(range(-80 5))

Is this a bug?

Many thanks,
Jan
--
Dipl.-Soz. Jan Paul Heisig
Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung