Re: st: I would like to restrict the coeficients in a regression so that the estimated values belong to a certain pre-defined interval. Is this possible?

From   Petya Alexandrova <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: I would like to restrict the coeficients in a regression so that the estimated values belong to a certain pre-defined interval. Is this possible?
Date   Tue, 22 Jan 2013 13:20:03 +0200 (EET)

You might want to consider the fractional logit model, proposed by Papke and Wooldridge:

Papke, L.E. & Wooldridge, J.M. (1996). Econometric methods for fractional response
variables with an application to 401(k) plan participation rates. Journal of Applied
Econometrics 11(6): 619–632.

See also: Papke, L.E. & Wooldridge, J.M. (2008). Panel data methods for fractional response
variables with an application to test pass rates. Journal of Econometrics 145: 121-133.

The Stata comand is:
glm y x1 x2...xk, family(binomial) link(logit) robust

There are other possibilities too. This persentation by Maarten Buis is very helpful:
http://www.dpc.de/fileadmin/templates/dpc-statistik/doc_pdf/add_info_stataUM/germany10_buis.pdf

Best,
Petya Alexandrova