st: From: Maarten Buis <[email protected]>

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: From: Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
Date   Tue, 22 Jan 2013 11:14:06 +0100

--- Birk Teuchert wrote me privately:
> following Statalist I checked your website and wondered if you could
> help me out with a problem i have in stata.

This is not the way to obtain help from members of the statalist. For
the reasons why see:
<http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/resources/statalist-faq/#private>

> Basically I have one (linear) regression model and two different time
> periods. in different studies i have seen tables that report
> coefficients and p-values for one regression model in two time
> periods and additionally a table that reports the p-value for the
> difference of the coefficients of the two time periods? How do I
> create such a table/regression in stata?

See: M.L. Buis (2012) "Stata tip 106: With or without reference", The
Stata Journal, 12(1), pp. 162-164.
http://www.maartenbuis.nl/publications/ref_cat.html

The second model in the second example will give you separate effects
for foreign and domestic cars (in your case years) of the variable
good. The first model in the second example gives you the difference
in the effect of the variable good between foreign and domestic cars.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
WZB
Reichpietschufer 50