Re: st: mean centering

From   David Hoaglin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: mean centering
Date   Mon, 21 Jan 2013 12:44:35 -0500

Thanks for the link!

Michael Heath's comparison gives both operation counts and relative
error.  As he says, the relative error of Householder QR is the best
possible, but SVD is more robust and reliable (at the cost of a
substantially greater operation count).

David Hoaglin