Re: st: Problem saving a graph in PNG format

From   [email protected] (James Hassell, StataCorp LP)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Problem saving a graph in PNG format
Date   Thu, 17 Jan 2013 17:36:28 -0600

Paul Visintainer <[email protected]> wrote:

>Saving a graph in PNG format causes my computer to freeze.  The problem
>appears to be specific to PNG, as PDF and TIFF show no difficulties.
>Has anyone else encountered this issue?
>
>I'm using Stata 12.1 on Windows 7 Professional.

Alan Feiveson (for James Fiedler) <[email protected]> wrote
that he could reproduce the problem with the following...

>First, issue the commands
>  . sysuse auto
>  . scatter price mpg
>
>Then use the graph GUI to save as PNG. No problem this time.
>
>Next issue the command
>  . line price mpg

James reports that when saving the over the original file Stata freezes.

Unfortunately we have not been able to reproduce the issue here.  Paul
should contact [email protected] so that we can troubleshoot the
problem.  It is helpful to include the output from the following Stata
commands when contacting technical support.

. about
. update
. query compilenumber

-- James Hassell