Re: st: Comparing groups

From   MIGUEL ANGEL GRUPO DE INVESTIGACIO ODONT SIMANCAS PALLARES <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Comparing groups
Date   Thu, 17 Jan 2013 14:22:17 -0500

The video is useful and thanks for that. I can see and i know that X2
test is frequently used when want to know about the relationship
between a factor in study and a disease or event.
But my question is adressed to know if is correct to use X2 test to
compare the treatment groups having in mind that the outcome is
dichotomus (compare two treatment estrategies when the outcome is
dichotomus).

Hope know im being more clear,

Thanks.,

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Maarten Buis <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 6:21 PM, MIGUEL ANGEL GRUPO DE INVESTIGACIO
> ODONT SIMANCAS PALLARES  wrote:
>> Im performing the following statistical analysis... I have three
>> groups of drugs (one of them is the control group). The outcome is a
>> dichotomus variable (yes/no).
>> Can I perform a X2/Fishers' exact test to compare the results between
>> groups? (Group 1 vs control and group 2 vs control).
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBsMPZqJj-o
>
> Hope this helps,
> Maarten
>
> ---------------------------------
> Maarten L. Buis
> WZB
> Reichpietschufer 50
> 10785 Berlin
> Germany
>
> http://www.maartenbuis.nl

Cordial Saludo,

Miguel Angel Simancas. OD. MSc (C).
GITOUC - GITOUC Research Group
Departamento de Investigación - Research Department
Facultad de Odontología - Faculty of Dentistry
Universidad de Cartagena - University of Cartagena
Tel: +57 (5) 6698172. Ext: 110.