Re: st: SEM becomes unidentified when introducing single item control variables

From   Alan Acock <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: SEM becomes unidentified when introducing single item control variables
Date   Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:16:41 -0800

Johannes,

You could use
.sem (x1<- X1), reliability(x1 .8)
Then, you could try other estimates of reliability to do a sensitivity analysis. If you assume there is no measurement error, then you would simply use x1 as is and not use a latent variable for it.

Alan Acock