[no subject]

As others have suggested, the models could have used the actual BMI,
and not reduced it to three categories.  The appropriate functional
form of BMI may not be linear.  In that situation one would have to
determine the functional form and fit it.  The task would be more
complicated if the appropriate functional form of BMI differed among
the outcome measures.

Does the article report the values that were assigned to the
adjustment variables to get the means shown in the table?  The most
likely choice is the overall mean of each of the adjustment variables.
 That information is needed in interpreting the means in the table.
Also, the authors should have checked that the values assigned jointly
to the assignment variables are compatible with the data.

David Hoaglin