Re: st: Regression Discontinuity Designs with rd package and binary outcome

Subject   Re: st: Regression Discontinuity Designs with rd package and binary outcome
Date   Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:15:44 -0500

Jeff--
I don't think we disagree.  The RD design allows many forms of a local
Wald-type estimator, but the design of -rd- does not.  -rd- is a
convenience command on SSC that estimates linear models only, using
-ivreg- and/or -suest- and/or -lpoly- and/or other Stata machinery.

One should not underestimate the difficulty of obtaining standard
errors, nor of picking an appropriate bandwidth for an arbitrary
combination of conditional expectation functions, and it is not
immediately clear to me that one would want to impose a fixed
bandwidth (from some ROT calculation) and then resample obs to get a
bootstrap estimate for the SE of a ratio of two nonlinear regression
coefs.  Have you simulated performance of alternatives for these
cases?