st: Re: twoway contour problem

From   André Ferreira Coelho <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: twoway contour problem
Date   Tue, 15 Jan 2013 16:30:34 +0100

Dear statalist,

The error message i got (even after clearing missing values) is:

. twoway contour iratio country product
        _rbf_tps_setup():  3900  unable to allocate real
<tmp>[88118,88118]
          _rbf_tps_wrk():     -  function returned error
              _rbf_tps():     -  function returned error
                  _rbf():     -  function returned error
        _contour_setup():     -  function returned error
       _contour_filled():     -  function returned error
                 <istmt>:     -  function returned error

[M-2]   error . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Return code
3900
        out of memory
        Mata is out of memory; the operating system refused to supply
        what Mata requested.  There is no Mata or Stata setting that
        affects this, and so nothing in Mata or Stata to reset in order
        to get more memory.  You must take up the problem with your
        operating system.

Not sure if matsize solves anything given that for the version I am using
(Stata 12 SE) matsize upper limit is 11,000.
I am not sure if I'm not missing anything because what I would really
wanted in the end is a "matrix" of 1070*164 which is not even close to the
stata matsize limit.

Thank you,

Andre