Re: st: generate variable versus define scalar, with conditional statement

From   annoporci <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: generate variable versus define scalar, with conditional statement
Date   Tue, 15 Jan 2013 21:52:20 +0800

I doubt that you need to loop, but I am completely in the dark over
what it is that you want to do.

Nick

I'm generating indices starting at different dates, so I want to use the
value of the variable at some date of my choosing (not the first
date in the dataset!) to generate an index starting at, say, the value 1,
by dividing all observations by that value. Very simple. Probably one-line
of code or less.

;-)

--
Patrick Toche.