st: twoway contour problem

From   André Ferreira Coelho <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: twoway contour problem
Date   Mon, 14 Jan 2013 23:08:17 +0100

Dear all,

I am trying to generate a twoway countour graph using -twoway contour var1
var2 var3-.

My data is in long form and was originally a panel dataset that I
restricted in order to contain only observations for a given year. It
happens that I my panel has 1070 products and 164 countries which sums up
to 175480 observations that would generate a 1070*164 matrix in the twoway
countour.

Running the contour command it appears a 3900 error message stating lack
of memory.

I tried then to eliminate missing values which would give me about 86000
observations. Once again the same problem of memory appeared.

Does anyone know if it is possible to tackle this problem without
resorting to matlab or other software?

Appreciated if you can help,

André