Re: st: Calculating and interpreting effect size when DV is a proportion

From   Jeffrey Wooldridge <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Calculating and interpreting effect size when DV is a proportion
Date   Mon, 14 Jan 2013 01:41:22 -0500

I would use the "margins" command to compute the average marginal
effects. That we you do not have to fix the explanatory variables
(continuous or binary) at any specific values. For the binary
variables, you get the change in the predicted y when the dichotomous
variable goes from zero to one. For the continous variables you get
the effect of a one-unit increase in x (provided that is a reasonable
change and the calculus approximation is sensible).

Jeff W.