Re: st: cointegration - value of the speed of adjustment

From   Prakash Singh <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: cointegration - value of the speed of adjustment
Date   Sun, 13 Jan 2013 21:21:43 +0530

Dear Sabina
The error term coefficient indeed represents speed of adjustment and
the value of coefficient tells us the percent of correction happening
in first to going by this meaning the coefficient should not be
smaller that -1.
Now, coming to your second query Johansen is extension of
Engle-Granger procedure for multivariate sense so the requirement has
to be same.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Prakash