Re: st: RE: Fixed Effects estimation with time-invariant variables

From   Roman Wörner <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Fixed Effects estimation with time-invariant variables
Date   Sat, 12 Jan 2013 10:46:53 +0100

Hi Sybil,

yes, StrategyA, StrategyB, and Scope are known. While the first two change over time, the third does not. So I interact StrategyB and Scope and regress StrategyA on StrategyB and the interaction of StrategyB and Scope. The goal is to show that there is a positive relationship between StrategyA and StrategyB for low values of Scope which becomes weaker (or even negative) for high values of Scope (Scope can take on the values 0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 0.8 and 1). If I'd use a pooled OLS regression or a random effects model things would be straight forward. What puzzles me is if one could approach this question also with a fixed effects model (to control for the individual effects).

What I actually do is running the following regression (IEO = StrategyA and EEO = StrategyB):

xtreg IEO EEO c.EEO#c.Scope ....., fe vce(robust)

Also the results are as expected (correct sign; significant). However, I don't know if the outcome is meaningful in a sense that the things I do are "technically" correct.

----------------------------
                      (1)
                      IEO
----------------------------