Re: st: Command line syntax for optional and required numeric statements

From   Stephen Cranney <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Command line syntax for optional and required numeric statements
Date   Fri, 11 Jan 2013 16:24:47 -0500

I'm still getting the "invalid syntax" response. I tried making it all
optional and setting default values just to make it simpler. Now I
have

syntax [, startyear(real 2000) birthday (real 9) birthmonth (real 1)]

I've seen various examples online that have this same format that don't
seem to be having the same problem, so I guess at this point my main
question is: in what situations would Stata return an "invalid syntax"
response based on something put in the "syntax" line in the ado file?
Setting trace on doesn't help because "invalid syntax" is
the first thing that pops up.

Best,

Stephen