Re: st: why don't confidence intervals from -proportion- use the same formula as -ci-?

Subject   Re: st: why don't confidence intervals from -proportion- use the same formula as -ci-?
Date   Fri, 11 Jan 2013 12:38:31 -0500

Ronan Conroy <[email protected]> :
This has been discussed many times over the years on Statalist, with
the usual advice being: don't do that.  If you want CIs on
proportions, or to test differences in proportions, you probably want
to use -svy:tab- (and if you don't have a survey start with -svyset,
srs-).  See also
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2010-05/msg00569.html
for the case when even -svy- commands fail to appropriately constrain
proportions to [0,1].