Re: st: why don't confidence intervals from -proportion- use the same formula as -ci-?

From   Marcello Pagano <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: why don't confidence intervals from -proportion- use the same formula as -ci-?
Date   Fri, 11 Jan 2013 08:59:44 -0500

Hear! Hear!

Someone should clean this up and whilst at it also the abuse of the word "exact" in the manuals. The "exact" confidence intervals are more than likely exactly wrong. They do not deserve the moniker. The paper listed below should be a must read.

m.p.